Bromborough Village Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 7EU

Telephone: 0151 334 2084

Sorry, we're closed

Complaints, Comments and Compliments

Whether we’ve got something right, or could have done something better, we would like to hear what you think of our services.

You can also give your feedback via the following methods:

FAO Jennine Edge and Victoria Ward

The Orchard Surgery

Bromborough Village Road



CH62 7EU


Orchard Surgery is always looking for ways to improve the service it offers to patients.  To do this effectively, the Practice needs to know what you think about the services you receive.  Tell us what we do best, where we don’t meet your expectations plus any ideas and suggestions you may have.  Only by listening to you, can the Practice continue to build and improve upon the service it offers.  We try to offer Patients the best possible service, however, if you are unhappy about anything; please let us know as soon as possible. We have a Practice Complaints & Comments Procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints.

How to complain:-

We hope that most problems can be sorted easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible – ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily – but the usual time limit is 12 months from when the incident happened or from when you discovered that you have a problem arising from something that happened longer ago.  You can choose to let us know about your concerns;

  1. verbally in person
  2. verbally over the telephone
  3. by e-mail at
  4. by letter

What we shall do:-

We shall acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days.  We will work on a full response and aim to;

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned if you would like this.
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.
  • Write to you on completion of a complaint investigation explaining how it has been resolved, what appropriate action has been taken.
  • If your complaint relates to an outside agency within the Practice, your complaint will be forwarded to the relevant service
  • We aim to respond in a way that is timely and appropriate.  We will let you know how long it is likely to take us to investigate and respond and, if we then need longer, we will keep you informed of our progress

If you wish to complain on behalf of someone else:-

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.

Need Further Help?

Patients and their representatives who have any queries or concerns about treatment which is provided can also contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Team.

What will PALS do?

  • Provide you with information about the NHS and help you with any other health related enquiries
  • Help resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS
  • Provide information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you decide you may want to make a complaint
  • Provide you with information and help introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS
  • Inform you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally
  • Improve the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise

To contact WIRED PALS please call 0800 054 2137 or 0151 363 3948  (staffed Monday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm) or email

Or you can contact Cheshire & Merseyside ICB

Patient Experience Team

NHS Cheshire and Merseyside

No 1 Lakeside

920 Centre Park Square



Who else can help?

The choice about who you want to deal with your complaint remains your decision.

You may want NHS England to deal with your complaint

NHS England may be contacted:-

         NHS England

         PO Box 16738


B97 9PT

Contacting the Care Quality Commission

If you have a genuine concern about a staff member or regulated activity carried out by this Practice, then you can contact the Care Quality Commission on 03000 616 161 or alternatively visit the following website;

Complaining to the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman:-

We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our Practice Complaints Procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our Practice.

However.  If you remain dissatisfied after our response, then you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

Helpline 0345 015 4033 Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm | Friday 8.30am to 12pm.

Complaints to the Ombudsman should be made within twelve months

Veteran Friendly

Opening Times

  • Monday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Tuesday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Wednesday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Thursday
    08:00am to 08:00pm
  • Friday
    08:00am to 06:30pm
  • Saturday
  • Sunday
NHS A-Z Conditions
Find Local Services
Live Well