Bromborough Village Road, Bromborough, Wirral, CH62 7EU

Current time is 18:22 - We're open


Telephone: 0151 334 2084

Finance tips that will help you with the Cost of Living

Citizen Advice has provided the following articles to help you as the cost of living rises.

Article 1

Help with school uniforms

Theme: Get help when you need it

If you are struggling with the cost of school uniforms you can get donated uniforms from Wirral FUSS. Go to If you have any unused school uniform please donate to FUSS and help our local community

Article 2

Reduce your childcare costs

Theme: Minimising outgoings

Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get Government help with childcare costs for parents. Find out how you can save money on your childcare at


Article 3

Make sure everyone in your household is paying their fair share

Theme: Maximising (household) income

If other adults live with you make sure you’re splitting the bills fairly. If you’ve got grown up children still living with you ask them to pay board.

Article 4

Planning to retire or a over 50

Theme: Making wise financial choices

Make sure you know your financial situation before you retire. If you are over 50, have a personal or workplace pension contact Pensionwise and book in for a free specialist pension guidance appointment here

Article 5

Get support to stop smoking and save money

Theme: Minimising outgoings

Do you know how much you could save by stopping smoking – go to to calculate how much you could save. ABL provide great support if you want to stop smoking. Go to to access their services

Article 6

Payments to help with living costs if your child/rens other parent doesn’t live with you

Theme: Maximising (household) income

If your child/ren’s other parent doesn’t live with you, you might be able to get payments to help with the living costs of your child. Usually the parent who doesn’t have day-to-day care of the child makes regular payments to the parent who does. You can arrange child maintenance payments with the other parent yourself. Use the child maintenance calculator on GOV.UK to work out how much payments should be  If you can’t reach an agreement with the other parent get help from the Child Maintenance Service  Please note fees are payable each time you make or receive a regular child maintenance payment through the Child Maintenance Service. The fee is 20% (which is added to the payment) for paying parents and 4% (which is taken off the payment) for receiving parents

Article 7

Check if you could save money on your water bills

Theme: Minimising outgoings

If you have a water meter you’ll only pay for the water you use. Use the Consumer Council for Water calculator to check if having a water meter installed could save you money. If a water meter doesn’t save you money you can change back within 12 months of installation. After 12 months you can’t go back to unmetered billing.

If you’re on a low income you might be able to get a cheaper rate from your water company. Find our more at

Article 8

Cyber scammers are online – protect your money

Theme: Keeping your money safe

You’re not too smart to fall victim to a scam. It can happen to anyone. Don’t let them win – be Cyber secure using these tips

Top tips to keep Cyber criminals out


If someone has been scammed, report it! Call the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133 or visit